Do I need a lawyer?

While you can represent yourself in most legal situations, it isn’t necessarily a good idea to do so.  Especially for an E-2 Visa.  Immigration law is perhaps the most complex body of law in the U.S., and it is constantly changing.  E-2 Visas require lots of paperwork, knowledge, and legal skill. Even now, there is a proposal for sweeping changes in immigration law, which may well happen this year.

The E-2 Visa requires a “substantial investment” into the company or business that is the basis of your Visa.  While there is no set dollar amount, it has to be “substantial.”  Why would anyone want to save a relatively small amount of money while risking a substantial investment?  It simply isn’t worth the risk.

And if you make a serious enough mistake on a do it yourself E-2 Visa, you could be prohibited from coming into this country for 3 years or more.  Moreover, there are reports that the USCIS has denied approximately 67% of all applications and petitions filed without legal counsel.   

Don’t take a chance on losing your investment of time and money.  Chances are you have made plans with family members, and they have a stake in the future with you as well.  It only makes sense to hire a professional to represent you in your quest to come to the U.S. and work for yourself in your own business.

Since immigration law is federal law, we can represent you in any of the 50 states of the United States, as well as any of her territories.